The Big Daddy of high-octane Tiki drinks, this cocktail dates back to the early days of legendary bartender Donn Beach. The original recipe, packed with three types of rum, calls for an ice cone garnish, but that requires a bit of planning, not to mention freezer space. So we suggest you streamline with a simple mint sprig and lime wheel.
- 1 oz Gold demerara rum, such as El Dorado
- 1 oz Dark Jamaican rum, such as Appleton Estate
- 1 oz White Cuban or Puerto Rican rum, such Bacardí Superior
- 3/4 oz Fresh lime juice
- 3/4 oz Fresh grapefruit juice
- 3/4 oz Soda water
- 1 oz Honey syrup (equal parts honey and water)
- Garnish: Mint sprig
- Garnish: Lime wheel
Add all the ingredients into a shaker filled with crushed ice and shake until well-chilled (about 30 seconds).
Strain into a chilled rocks glass with fresh crushed ice.
Garnish with a mint sprig.